Monday, April 27, 2009

"Make Good Choices!"

So it may not have made your newspaper today, but there was a hurricane last night. I lived through it, that's how I know. I was chilling with Brad and Melissa, and when a sudden freezing wind came through we decided to pay some attention to the brewing clouds, and they promptly sent me home, with orders to call when I arrived safely.

I got in my car, saw something orange and thought, "oh yeah, I forgot my car was on empty." Guess what? I drove home anyway. I somehow sucked 26 extra miles out of my gas tank. It started raining shortly after I got on the interstate, and then it started pouring. Now I pride myself on being a very good and calm driver in the rain. But this was still no fun. My thoughts ran back and forth through the following:

"I am going to hit someone because I can't see anything."
(going up hills): "I am going to run out of gas and be unable to get up this hill"
(going down hills): "There is going to be a ton of water at the bottom of this hill and I am going to hydroplane"
"I'm going to run out of gas in general"
"I'm going to pull off the road and wait this out"
"Nevermind, I'm just going to keep driving, Brad and Melissa will worry"
"I'll stop at a grocery store and call them"
"No, I want to get home and go to bed, I work early in the morning"
"There's a gas station, maybe I should stop"
"I'll get struck by lightning if I grab the metal gas pump"
"Well, nevermind, guess I just passed the gas station"
...Etc...

After passing many a gas station and grocery store, I finally made it home, miraculously on my one tank of gas, like the never-ending oil lamp. Dibbs was hiding under the bed. I rescued his cuteness in distress, who was happy to see his mama, then immediately reverted back to nonchalance when I told him it was cuddle time. I called Braden, who then typed to Melissa, passing the message that I was safe. Thanks, guys, for worrying about me. It means the world to me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment