Sunday, September 18, 2011

Crave and you may receive

I got a craving for guacamole last night.

It was late, I didn't have an avocado, so I let it go for the evening.

I found an Alton Brown recipe that looks pretty delish, but by the time I went to sleep I think I had decided that due to time constraints I should just buy pre-made guac this time around. I got in bed and made a list for today. I wrote "guacamole," as in: eat guacamole. Initially it might have meant "make and eat guacamole," but nonetheless it made the list.

Today I went to the grocery store and was directed to the produce section for already made guac.

Upon arriving near the avocados, an employee nearby approached me--I believe--before I could approach him.

I told him I was looking for already-made guacamole.

The man was serving samples of guacamole.

Oh I sampled. And I purchased. I went for the spicier variety.

I am currently eating it with room temperature Coke, and "watching" the Chiefs get beat by the Lions. If I didn't have so much to do, I might be swigging Octoberfest beer with my lunch (yes, this is lunch) instead.

On that note, it's halftime. Gotta pack up my stuff and head to a place that offers caffeine. Philosophy paper about Belarus, here we come!...

No comments:

Post a Comment