Sunday, March 18, 2012

Breaking the rules--for my health

Dear Fashion Police,

I just wanted to make you aware of a fashion faux pas that you can count on me carrying out in the next several weeks.

So I've got this foot thing--the arch of my left foot is inflamed--and to get rid of it I need to wear these chunky inserts in my shoes. Which means...

pretty much tennis shoes all the time.

I tried wearing the inserts in my Converse All-Stars without socks, and it looked cute, but I got blisters pretty quick. Which means...

socks with those tennies.

Now I've decided to wear what I want to wear otherwise. Meaning, instead of wearing workout gear to match my Sauconys, if I want to wear a sundress, I'm wearing a sundress. If I have ankle jeans on, I'm not going to ditch them because they'll look weird with my practical shoes.

Because come summer, I want to be able to wear sandals around town and be barefoot on the beach.* So I'm trying to fix this foot problem now.

So FYI. Bailey. Cute sundress. Running shoes with orthotic shoe inserts. All in one mismatched, confident, loving-my-new-look package. Ah, yeah.

See you soon out on those streets!

Love,
Fashionista in Training

*because I'll be near the beach this summer (!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment