Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Teamwork

I was telling Mom over lunch today that while it's been a fun summer, I have felt bone exhausted the entire time. I may have made that term up, but it is my way of saying that I am exhausted down to and through my bones. You know, where you feel like you may never fully recover. If I keep moving I don't quite feel it, but as soon as I stop I wonder how on earth I am still working, keeping up a social life, and mentally managing my stress.

I use the term "manage" here loosely. Unless you count watching "The Hills," whining and not acting, and worrying as management activities.

So tonight, though I had told Michael I would spend the evening with him, I decided to stay in. Riley made mac 'n cheese for us while I took a shower, finally, after this long day, and we channel surfed through such gems as "Wipe Out" and "Tinker Bell" during dinner. Yes, Tink in fact kept our attention for minutes, as there was little else on and Riley wouldn't let me watch "The Hills." He says it's "crap TV" or something...

Eventually Ri moved on to video games, and realized a dilemma as he had a popsicle in one hand and remote in the other. Clearly, what are sisters for? I held his popsicle while he played. Between levels, he took bites, until it started dripping on the couch and he quit the game to finish dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment