Sunday, July 19, 2009

Flipping Out

Until five minutes ago, I'm not sure my mattress had ever been flipped. If it had, it has been some years.

I've been having trouble sleeping lately as it is, and I think it's mostly psychological, but recently I realized a massive crater in my mattress on the side that I lay (lie?) on. Riley and I just flipped it now, but I have gone a few nights thinking about this process first.

Last night, I was lying (laying?) in bed, thinking about things, listening to a fox howl and wondering what the noise was, and eventually my thoughts moved to the crater. While I was approaching thoughts of the mattress and my physical and external disturbances of rest, I heard Riley rustling in the kitchen.

"Riley?" I called, hoping for a little midnight chat to distract my churning thoughts.
"Yeah?"
"Have you ever flipped a mattress?"

No response. Then slowly I heard his feet padding towards my bedroom. He lightly tapped the door with his finger to open it and asked,

"Is that what you're trying to do in the dark right now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment