Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Bad" day is actually a good one

Yes, I have a bunch of stuff to grade.

Yes, I'm feeling behind--and to some degree probably am behind (not just on the grading).

I'd rather work out tonight, cook, and watch the telly than do those first two things followed by grading (I might actually skip the grading for a night, but tomorrow night I need to do grading).

But. I am fed, have a roof over my head, a bed and a cat to share it with, a functioning, healthy body, amazing supportive fam and friends, and a Savior who's never leaving me.

And I have a really cool gig for my internship--I've had several moments this year where I've thought, "So this is what it feels like to like your job." I have the looming soon-to-graduate-don't-have-a-job feeling with me, but in terms of perspective: I've got a whole lot of opportunity in front of me. Options.

I just need to keep the self-esteem in check and not let myself wallow in feeling totally and completely inadequate (it's pretty easy for me to slip into feelings of at least moderate inadequacy).

And I have $1.50 in quarters at my disposal for an afternoon visit to the vending machine. "Salutations, snack." (Name the movie).

No comments:

Post a Comment