Monday, June 27, 2016

Weight loss diary -- Baby steps and energy

People!

The energy!!!!!

I have so much of it!!!!!!!

It's Monday morning and I'm like

HELLO LIFE!

HELLO OFFICE!

HELLO TASKS!

I'm so chipper! Boss asks me to do things and I'm like, "Right O, Boss!"

And I just thought of getting a fizzy water and I got all excited.

I mean, it's just a fizzy water.

But also: fizzy water's amazing.

A couple of people Facebook messaged me this week and said they've been reading my weight loss posts, and just like that -- I increased my support network. And hopefully increased theirs.

I've eaten so much kale I can't believe it.

Also I can't wait to go to the gym tonight.

I've been taking mega baby steps with running.

Once upon a time (about six years ago), I loved running. I ran about 3-5 miles a day, about 5 days a week.

And I loved it. I didn't find it difficult, or boring. Even on hot, humid days in Kansas, I loved what I was doing.

Since then I've lost that love.

I want it back.

So at the gym this past week, I've jogged .25 miles, then .5 miles the next time, then .75 the next.

Tonight I'm going to jog one mile.

And I can't wait.

I don't want to ask myself to run too fast or too far right off the bat, because I think for sure I'll get frustrated and discouraged.

So, in doing baby amounts, I'm slowly building up my endurance, and, at least at this point, I'm always finishing with a feeling that I could run further. I want to stop before I feel like I hate life.

So I've just got to get through this day at work, get myself to the gym, press "Start" on that treadmill, and get to gettin'.

Feels so good to be back in the saddle.

Over and out,
Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment