Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Things I want to say no to

 
I hope that in answering the question below I don't lose (too) many friends...This is a continuation of a project I started a while back and have put on hold because this question is scary to answer publicly!!! That taken into consideration, I'm not writing down everything that applies, but I did come up with a pretty decent list that I'm comfortable sharing.
 
From the 52 Lists for Happiness journal, let us move on to item #15:
 
List the things you want to say no to
 
Dogs that bark a lot or don't respect my personal space
 
Dismissiveness when I bring God or my faith into a conversation
 
Competition between women
 
Dessert at restaurants (If I want some, I'll let you know. Please don't force me to try a bite of what you ordered because you wanted it.)
 
Messiness
 
Dentist appointments
 
Junk mail
 
Biting my tongue because I'm too scared to call someone out
 
Incessantly grey skies
 
GAME NIGHTS
 
Self righteousness on social media (from ANY edge of the political sphere)
 
People who are mean or rude. Can this just absolutely stop?
 
Leaving the house after 7 p.m.
 
Taking trash out
 
Detangling knots in thread
 
Dinners out with more than four people
 
Camping with more than...we'll say six people
 
Social engagements where I feel left out or ignored
 
People taking advantage of my generosity or kindness
 
Grocery shopping
 
Sound systems that are too loud
 
Visiting museums
 
Going to the theater (I'm always nervous actors are going to forget their lines)
 
Watching movies as a group activity
 
Impulsively buying books and concert tickets
 
Showers and shaving (if these things could happen automatically, that'd be great)
 
Clothing that doesn't keep me warm
 
People who dominate conversations or interviewees who go off topic
 
Traveling when I'm stressed out
 
Mediating/keeping the peace (I'm sick of gritting my teeth, hoping that no one starts fighting)
 
Discussions about books I will never read, movies I will never see, or industries I will never work in (unless I'm genuinely interested or the chatter only lasts for a bit)
 
***
 
OK, thanks for reading! It was nice knowing all of you!*
 
*I'd also like to say no to my fear that people will dislike me if I speak honestly about things I don't care for.
 
Smooches! Merry almost Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment