Monday, December 5, 2011

My imaginary assistant

Okay, so I've written about this before, but I just keep coming back to it in my thoughts.

So. I highly doubt, folks, that I'm the only one who fantasizes about having a personal assistant, masseuse, chef, etc. from time to time.

(First of all, I'd pick masseuse over chef though I could benefit from both.)

Second, my thoughts regarding what I will call a general assistant keep coming back to this idea of the item that I would continually ask said assistant to fetch for me were I to actually have this assistant. In fact, I think I'd feel strange asking an assistant to do many other assistant duties, such as making me coffee or tidying my living room. Except I might feel comfortable asking him or her to answer non-fun, work-ish emails.

But what I think about, anywhere from once a week to once every six months, is this:

I wish someone (and, since I don't have a boy toy currently, this someone is in my mind an assistant to non-celebrity me) could go procure candy for me. Particularly at odd hours of the night.

Like now, for example.*

Sometimes I just want Swedish Fish or Smarties. Or Skittles, Reese's. And I don't want to get off my butt and go get them. Or it seems ridiculous to do so late at night.

*That's actually a line from a character named Bailey in a film--bonus points to anyone who can identify the exact character.

4 comments:

  1. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, but hold off on the points. I cheated due to my insatiable curiosity caused by the fact that I couldn't think of one movie with a character named Bailey. Also, if the position is still open, I have a killer resume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sup, do jae-min. i didn't return your call yesterday. bad bailey. i'll try later tonight. --b

    p.s. was that quote hard to find?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. There's this thing called the Internet.

    ReplyDelete