I am too exhausted -- physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually -- to write you a really thought out post, so I am going to embrace the positive -- because there are so many positives in my life and I really, truly know that, even amidst the negative -- and share with y'all a list of some of my favorite things as of late.
Doing this will also provide me an excuse to post a Sound of Music video at the end of this post. I will say, in advance, you're welcome for that.
So, Bails' current fave list:
- James Herriot memoirs. I love this writer and his books about animals so, so much.
- While we're on that subject, I love that I share property with animals.
- And I love animals, period. Duh.
- My spectacular friends, some of whom I already consider family, in my new city where I've lived for a mere 5 months.
- Parenthood. (The show, not the life event.)
- Ray Romano on Parenthood. Such a hunky, lovable character.
- Cross stitching in the evenings.
- Laughing with my coworkers.
- Beer and Mexican food. Actually, beer is an ongoing favorite and Mexican food is not actually a favorite at the moment. But I just wanted to list those two things together, because they should get married already, am I right?
- Coffee. Thank the good Lord for coffee. (This is also an ongoing favorite).
- The sunshine in California. I love walking out of my home in 90 degree heat in November. I don't say this to brag, in fact several people out there wouldn't envy such weather, in November or any time. But the sun does so much for my spirit.
- My family and friends on speed dial. Theoretical speed dial, of course. As if I know how to set that up on my phone.
- The abundance of parking spaces in the Valley.
- My cushy, spacious bed.
- Chick flicks. All about the chick flicks as of late.
- My church, with its incredible preaching and music. I am overwhelmed by it over and over again.
All right, kiddos. Now it's time to ask yourself: What are your favorite things? If you're having trouble getting started with your list, let Jules help you out: