Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I've selected an amazing Thanksgiving buddy for 2013

I think I am finally coming out of my cranky, sensitive, dramatic funk. Praise the good Lord above. I'm still tired and needing lots of vitamins, but otherwise I feel I am on the upswing. And man, things were getting ridiculous there for a while. I could not snap out of it. 

One thing that helps a lot is cracking up with my hilarious friends. 

A conversation with my dear and precious friend Jeff on the phone this evening: 

Me: “I really want to try wassail [pronounced Wuh-SIGH]”

Jeff: “Wassail? [pronounced correctly]”

Me: “Yeah. I don’t know why I have so much trouble pronouncing it because it’s pronounced differently in the song.”

Jeff: “Yeah, I think you should probably take a cue from the song.”

Both of us laugh hysterically.


20 minutes later in the conversation:

Jeff: “Could you remind me how you used to pronounce ‘wassail’?”

Both of us laugh hysterically, and I have to wait to stop laughing in order to meet his request:

Me: “Wuh-SIGH.”

More laughing.


Jeff: “Oh, boy. That’s good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment