Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tuesday

There is not enough coffee and Diet Coke in the world today.

Or perhaps this has something to do with the fact that I've gone to bed around midnight the last two nights, and I usually hit the pillow around 8.

Perhaps it has something to do with that.

I feel alert, just not motivated, let's just put it that way.

I need some water.

I've had the magical salad twice this work week, and it's Tuesday, so I'll let you do that math there, Friend.

One of the waitresses didn't recognize me with my new bangs -- note she didn't recognize because normally she would recognize me because I show my face in there all the time!!

So all that me and the new roomie can think about is moving in to our new place. The landlord was kind enough to hold the place for a very generous amount of time, which is great, because I don't have to pay too much double rent as I move out of my current place, we have lots of time to pack, blah blah blah.

The downside is now we must sit and wait to move in to our treasure trove of happy homeyness.

But we're bonding in the process: long email chains about how to decide who gets the master bedroom (ideas so far include trivia contest and beer chugging contest -- classy), getting drinks after work to chat, sending each other Craigslist postings for fridges, couches, TVs.

We're excited. :)

And the cat made sure to let me know not to forget him in the move, by climbing into one of my packing boxes.

Either that or he's a cat and just loves boxes.

I'm going with the first theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment