Friday, May 29, 2015

Some FYIs for your life today

Just call me Cranky Pants.

No, really. I'll answer to it.

This could all equate to the fact that I didn't have breakfast this morning and had beef jerky (this kind -- YUM) and tortilla chips and wine for "dinner" last night.

But I'm just like, "Nope" today.

I'm planning to get my favorite salad in about a half hour, so life will turn around.

***

I'm reading "An Abundance of Katherines" and quite enjoying it. This is my first John Green book. I saw "The Fault in Our Stars" without reading the book first.

My good friend works at a boarding school and the girls in the dorm were getting rid of a bunch of books, so I went and ransacked that literary jackpot. I also got a copy of "The Great Divorce" by C.S. Lewis and a Gabriel Garcia Marquez book. Holla.

Now all I want to do is curl up in bed with snuggly Office Max and read read read.

But you know, what else is new?

Speaking of books, I've been reading a fair amount of fiction lately (This is Where I Leave You was excellent). This is very strange for me. And Mum just sent me an Ann Brashares book (one of the few I haven't read -- raise your hand if you've read all five Sisterhood books!), so this fiction spiral is just going to continue.

***

I have a gum supply that should last me the entire summer.

Just FYI.

***

I can't WAIT to move all my stuff into my new apartment!!!! And I'm so ridiculously excited to sort and organize and fill up shelves with little baskets of stuff, all tucked in their cubbies-like.

Sigh. Organization.

I had a recent revelation about my aversion to cleaning (yet somehow in there I seem to love it at the same time), and Alex said I should tell my therapist about it.

I probably won't.

He also predicted I wouldn't.

He's the cutest.

We were in his car and he pointed to a gum wrapper in his cup holder and said, "Oh. We need to talk."

He then proceeded to tell me that my gum was wrapped up in it yet not fully sealed off, and he ended up touching my chewed gum.

Would you like to know what my reaction to this was?

Oh, I laughed.

Heartily.

And then he tickled me.

We're the cutest.

Then we got to a stop sign and he tickled me again.

And in so doing we continued to be the cutest.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment