Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Oh ya know, Life.

Anyone else ready for Christmas?
 
I'm listening to the "Elf" soundtrack and I'm like, "Yeah. I'm ready."
 
Let it snow let it snow let it snow.
 
Or not. (Los Angeles).
 
Friends,
 
I'm in a weird state of mind today. And yesterday. And the day before that.
 
My life is so full and good and happy but I'm just feeling like my insides are struggling.
 
It's aggravating and disheartening and all that.
 
My credit card debt is a mess.
 
My bedroom is a mess.
 
My car is a mess.
 
I'm a mess.
 
I find that I can only focus on a few things lately: sometimes, a game of billiards. Cross stitch. And the cat. I could pet that soft, squishy nugget for hours.
 
I haven't been reading.
 
Or writing.
 
Or cleaning.
 
Or cooking.
 
Or doing much of anything, really.
 
It's aggravating and disheartening and all that.
 
OK I take that back. It's not that I haven't been doing anything. I've been going to concerts and stand up comedy shows and to karaoke. I've been working out -- SOMETIMES -- and playing Words with Friends and hosting out of town friends. I've been writing prayers for church and reading them and helping with communion.
 
I've been doing freelance writing and driving to Yosemite and hiking switchbacks that made me want to never return to Yosemite.
 
I've been drinking beer.
 
I've been tracking my calories.
 
I've been getting stressed out. I've been disliking myself.
 
I've been exploring the vast library of emojis on my new phone and picking just the right ones to express my complicated emotions via text and Facebook post.
 
So it's not like I'm doing NOTHING. I just haven't been doing a lot of things to make me feel good about myself. To feel fulfilled. To feel like a 31 year old human who does things like CLEAN HER BEDROOM and REMOVE ITEMS FROM HER VEHICLE.
 
I have to say typing these 300 words has made me feel a little less hateful of myself, even if the words aren't very poetic or moving or whatever.
 
Well I think that's enough negativity for one post.
 
Let's look at some photos I've taken on my new smartphone, shall we?
 
[All but one reader quietly exit the Daily Bailey website to do something more fun and productive.]
 
 
A tiny, cross stitched pigeon. He is accompanied by a stitched Big Bird (not pictured).
 
 
Bailey surprises the world with smart technology in her very own hands.
 
 
Nicholas surprises Bailey with the birthday gift of the decade.
 
 
Max takes a bath and looks JUST. CHARMING.
 
 
Max lifts his paw and looks like a BALLERINA.
 
 
Bailey selects glasses for her newly diagnosed astigmatism.
 
 
Bailey practices her makeup skills.
 
 
Max crosses his paw and settles in for a snuggle.
 
 
Bailey eats a giant burger and then tries to jog.
 
 
Bailey and Alex dangle their feet over the pier in Santa Barbara.
 
 
Bailey appreciates glittering water.
 
 
Bailey appreciates pigeons. (Again.) She may have a problem.
 
 
Smoochy smoochy.
 
 
Struggling to concentrate.
 
All right, Friends, I think that's more than enough for now. A bientot! Hugs!
Bails

No comments:

Post a Comment