Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Weight loss diary -- junk food bender

All right people, I admit it!

I went on a junk food bender last night.

I had a salad for lunch that would (minus the chicken and parmesan) make a rabbit sing with delight.

I don't think I snacked all afternoon.

I hopped on that treadmill, I jogged half a mile.

I slowed to a walk.

I got to the mile and a half mark and thought, "Wow, I'm tired."

I got to the two mile mark and thought, "I'm really tired. And all I'm doing is walking."

I slowed my walk.

And then I started to feel weak. And weary. And whoaaaaaa.

I got off the treadmill at about 2.4 miles in. (I was aiming for 3).

The cat needed food. Original plan was to go to Petco to get the animal some chows, but now his mama was hungry.

And I mean HUNG. RY.

So I went to 7 Eleven instead.

I got Frosted Flakes.

I got sour cream and onion chips.

I got (light) beer.

I got a Clif bar.

(And cat chows).

I brought my spoils to the cashier. I set them on the counter, no shame. Hunger, oh so extreme hunger, was the only thing guiding my hands.

I went home and had two bowls of dry Frosted Flakes. I wanted no milk between me and that sugar.

I ate the whole bag of chips, and they were so salty they hurt my mouth. I championed forward.

I washed it all down with a cold beer and a half.

And then I stopped.

I just wanted to let you all know what I did.

I am weak. I am human. I get hungry. Weight loss is hard. I don't want this blog to paint a picture that weight loss is easy and fun. I want to speak truth.

Today I plan to have more rabbit-friendly salad for lunch. And then, likely, cocktails* after work, because my Honey Bee flies home today.

Might as well call me Peter Cocktail. (Get it?)

Keep on keepin' on,
Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment