Friday, July 14, 2017

Everything I'm passionate about


Mental health

Alex

Max

Cats (but mostly Max)

Writing

Words

Live music

Music altogether (with a special nod to folk music and sleepy, calm music)

Getting enough sleep

My besties

Going to church even when I don't feel like it

Giving people a chance (I believe I was better at this in my youth-ier youth)

Sunshine

Rain

Celine Dion

Rachael Yamagata

Kathleen Madigan

The cats vs. dogs debate in life

Long hugs

Long conversations

Singling people out at parties so I can get some quality time in the midst of a crowd

Giving a chance to the existence of a higher power who cares about us, because if that doesn't exist then I will crumple into a broken ball of Broken

The (tragically defunct) tomato bisque at the (tragically closed) Jimmy's on the Park

The Zuppa Toscana at Olive Garden. Mmmmmmmmm

Bethel

Clean spaces (this doesn't mean I'm great at maintaining them)

Beverages, including but certainly not limited to beer

Letting anyone from KS/MO/CO/IN know that I have KS/MO/CO/IN roots when I meet them, whether they're interested in this factoid or not (and if you're wearing Royals/Chiefs/Valpo/Mizzou/KU gear, it's all over. Run for cover)

Books (particularly spiritual memoirs)

My family

Kansas

Jennifer Knapp

Laundry

Cross stitching

Instagram

Social media

Prayer time at Bethel

Talking to strangers

Talking to people on airplanes

Disneyland

Happy Hours

Billiards

Talking

Listening

Letting the world know that I'm a great listener, even though I'm a really excellent talker

Letting the world know that I'm introverted, even though I'm primarily an extrovert

Libraries

Girl Power

The fact that my mom worked outside the home (I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just made an impact on me)

Voter ballot guides that come in the mail -- those things are handy and GREAT! You want to walk me through the issues, and inform me about what I'm voting on, and I can do this all with a beverage in hand and Max on my lap? Yes, please.

Tiki bars (particularly Trader Sam's and Tonga Hut)

Netflix

Blue jeans

Casual Friday

Julie Andrews

Some things I feel passionate about, but not necessarily in a good way:

Game nights

Snow

Hiking

Flying

The movie Titanic

Ukuleles

Dogs

Bowling (I really want to love it, but I get really grumpy whenever I bowl. I'm not proud of it.)

Going to the movies (I know. I'm weird and unconventional. That's why you love me and read this blog, right? Never know what's gonna come out of my unconventional mouth? :)

2 comments:

  1. What about grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup with Poppa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those too, of course. And meatball sandwiches with Poppa and Sophia.

      Delete