Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Second Hand Communication

My cat does not like when I talk on the phone.

He will meow, bite, and bat while I am on the phone. He either doesn't understand that I am talking to someone because he can't see them, or he very well knows what is going on and is simply saying, "Shut up, Mom! Pay attention to me!"

I have to be especially careful when I first get home from work or a day or night out. If I don't give Dibby a good amount of attention before making a phone call (which, let's look at this realistically and realize that I give him a hundred kisses upon entering the door, but apparently that's not always enough for him), he will go a little bit crazy.

Lynn just called me and got a taste of this. "Hi Lynn." Meow, meow. Batting of the paw. "What, Lynn?" Meow, meow. "Oh, okay." Follow the cat to his food dish, drag the phone cord to extend the growing distance. I hung up five minutes ago. What is Dibbs doing now? Snoozing. Not so concerned about attention now, are we? It's all about him. It's okay. He deserves it, Mr. Adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment