Monday, October 3, 2011

.Mom

After searching for "Mom" several times in my phone contacts list, I decided to move Mom up in the list. She has priority in my life, certainly, but this is also an issue of the several other "M" contacts who are listed alphabetically before her in my phone.

So whenever I go to call Mom I have to scroll through several "M"s first.

Well today I tried to put a "1" in front of the word "Mom," to see if that would move her toward the top of the contact list.

I've done this for email. I have a folder called: "123 THESIS stuff!," the "123" being there simply to put it up higher in my line of vision so I don't have to search for it.

More recently, I believe, I added the folder "*more than i can chew," where contest opportunities, job opportunities, etc. go to be generally forgotten about. But at least there's an asterisk so that I can find the folder quickly.

Well in my attempt to add a "1" in front of Mom's contact listing in my phone, instead my phone added a period:

".Mom"

It put her toward the top of the contact list, so mission accomplished.

Then I realized that if you read it in a certain way, it kind of sounds like "dot com."

Dot Mom.

:) This could be a cute nickname. I'm pretty sure Dad would be on board with it, too.

1 comment:

  1. Most excellent idea. I too have the search-for-Mom dilemma. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete