Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Prescription for optimum energy

Wouldn't it be nice--maybe it wouldn't--if we could check in on our sleep-radar the way we could check the charge on a battery?

I am sitting here, eyes burning, and wondering if I should take it easy tonight? Exercise? Exercise in the morning? Go to bed early and get up as late as possible, i.e. skipping a workout altogether?

What I do know is that I got a decent amount of sleep last night. I also know that when I woke up this morning I could have enjoyed some more time in my bed, with Dibbs in his bed at the foot of my bed.

I also know that I worked out last night, so from that I assume I was able to rest better, but on the other hand because of the exercising was my body more tired than normal, meaning I really do need more sleep?

Sigh.

See, now if I could just plug in to an energy charge reader, I could perhaps get a little printout that says:

"Bailey: 

This evening, eat a dinner of lentils, then watch 1 chick flick followed by a soothing glass of milk. Take a shower and retire to bed early with Dibbs nearby. In the morning get to work a little early, but don't preface it with exercise."

Or something else entirely. 

1 comment:

  1. In The Sims you have an energy meter that you can watch. When it gets low, it's time to go to bed!

    ReplyDelete