Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"He does this every Friday"

In an attempt to "overcome" the tradition of being an over thinker, I've come up with a new prayer. Essentially it is a prayer asking to be able to not think so much. I trust that God won't delete my creativity from me if He chooses to mercifully helps me to just quit analyzing anything and everything. I do trust that He chooses that which is good for me, but whether He will choose for me to totally stop being an over thinker, I don't know. In the meantime I'm going to keep praying, because I trust Him and don't want to answer to another.

In addition to this new prayer, I've been trying to incorporate one of Garth Algar's lines into my personal mantras (and I don't say this in a way to cancel out what I just wrote above--I am incorporating this seriously into my life; it's just an added bonus that the way I imagine it being said is in a way that was comedically delivered). And that would be:

"Live in the NOW!"


No comments:

Post a Comment