Friday, June 5, 2015

Failure Mode

Does your brain ever enter into Failure Mode and then have trouble leaving it?

I'm having one of those mornings.

I woke up around 4:30 and thought about doing some 5 a.m. blogging, but watched Bunheads instead.

I got back in bed.

I tossed.

I turned.

I sighed.

I rinsed my eyes because the cat was making them itchy.

I tossed.

I turned.

I fell back asleep, and it was late enough in the morning (i.e. too close to my alarm time) that when my alarm went off I was way into sleep mode, so I had much difficulty rousing myself, which is typical but still this was slightly worse.

And I was late to work.

And stressed out.

And my brain was in failure mode.

It still kind of is, but I'm coaxing it out with coffee and perhaps if I'm up to it some positive thinking here in a bit.

I thought about money I owe people.

Diseases I could have.

Could I have prevented them?

Things I have to do that I should have already done.

Work stress.

Stress.

Stress.

Stress.

How all I want to do today is shuttle stuff to and from the old and new apartments, but alas.

I guess I made a point to come in to work, so that gets a point.

A positive point.

OK, time to snap out of it. Time to write a gratitude list.

Time to channel Polyanna.

See ya on the flipside. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment