Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kitchen Error

Tonight I made one of my favorite recipes. And by favorite, I do in fact mean one of my favorites, but I also mean one of the ten recipes I know how to make.

Anyway, it is a beans and rice recipe from Jerusalem, and I looooove it. Cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic, rice, chicken stock, black beans and chickpeas. Mmmmm.

Well everyone who knows something knows that with fantastic Middle Eastern food you should top it with yogurt. So I did. And took a bite. And tasted vanilla.

Whoops. Check the container, definitely not plain yogurt. With some scraping and rescooping I managed to salvage dinner. And had a pretty delightful evening. As I type this, Dibbs has successfully located my position in Riley's room where I am using his laptop (thanks, Ri), and is lying in corpse pose on the carpet. Time to smooch his belly (Dibbs', not Riley's) and sleep! Smooches to you!

4 comments:

  1. Soo... Dibbs is/was both laying corpse AND you kissed his belly? Or Riley was laying corpse, and you kissed Dibbs' belly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. riley was absent altogether. dibbs was in corpse pose. and i had plans to kiss his belly, but did not end up doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. thank you, chief copy editor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. services are free for you, no worries.

    ReplyDelete