Sunday, July 4, 2010

Nontraditional

I did not watch fireworks tonight. I did not shoot off any combustibles. I did not eat a hot dog, watermelon, chips, or corn on the cob. I did not wear red, white and blue. (I did drink beer.)

But I had lunch with a dear friend, and I hung out with three fabulous people. In a cozy, quiet apartment on an overcast Fourth. And when the rain started to fall, we went out and conquered the puddles with our stomps.

My kind of day. :) Thanks for all who contributed to the much-needed therapy.

4 comments:

  1. At least you drank beer! Independence Day is about having the freedom to celebrate in any way that you want!

    Stand Firm(Galatians 5:1)
    Steve Hatesohl

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really super. I didn't do anything special but I feel a lot better. I had a weird dream last night and I totally 'got told' by one of the people I dreamed. I think it was a teacher I once had. I had no comeback. Then you were in it and between the whole mess of it I am deciding I want to be more happy and less negative all the time. I think I could even tell you had given up on me in real life like everybody else [rightfully so], but thanks for your contribution in the dream world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear anonymous,

    i would like to respond to your comment, but you are anonymous and so i don't know who you are. i am pretty sure i haven't given up on you, though, in the dream world or the real world.

    --bailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. About as traditional as my fourth this year...

    Living abroad FTW.

    ReplyDelete