Saturday, September 3, 2011

When nothing satisfies

I had a good day.

Swimming with friends, dinner with friends. On the way home I got caught driving in the rain, so I hung out in the parking lot of the grocery store reading. Then bought some groceries, came home to my precious cat.

I'm pretty tired, so I should just go to bed.

But I am finding reason to complain.

There was nothing of particular interest to me on TV. I'm tired enough to sleep, which should just be what it is, but I want to still be up.

It's like I feel that I want time with people, even though I've been with people all day.

Maybe it's because I'm leaving town tomorrow, and the throwing off of my allotted time at home is bothering me.

I'm not sure.

Maybe it's because I saw a man gently grab his girl's chin today so he could give her a kiss, and I want someone to kiss me goodnight.

I should really just go to sleep. Read approximately 1.8 pages of a book until I get so sleepy I can't stand it anymore. And then turn off the lights and soon greet tomorrow.

Why I fight sleep when given the opportunity, while so often I'm more tired than I want to be, I may never fully understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment