Sunday, March 3, 2013

A book review pour vous

At Home in Mitford (Mitford Years, #1)At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book.

I rarely read fiction and a lot of Christian fiction is hard to read.

I can see why this book was a bestseller. Incredible writing, lovable characters. I believe this book could be appreciated by both genders, people of many ages, and those who do and don't identify with the Christian faith.

I was hooked immediately when I started reading.

Also, Karon is amazing in how she weaves in Scripture to this book. It's not preachy; it's natural coming from her characters, even one of whom is a preacher. He's the kind of preacher one would like to have--one who not only believes the Word but shares it within conversation because it's life-bread to him, not because he's preaching for the sake of preaching.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment