Saturday, January 30, 2010

Time Well Spent

Approximately six hours ago I left my house, jotting a note on the kitchen white board. (Pause: how American is that? A white board in the kitchen? Am I right?) I wrote: "Going to Caleb's to do homework. XO"

Just now I came home and Mom asked, "Homework all done?"

My response: "Psshh."

Our schedule for the past six hours looked a little something like this:

--Sit in kitchen with Caleb's dad, while Caleb's dad makes me dinner (delicious, what an amazing man), and we discuss whether Iraq was formerly Persia or Mesopotamia (answer, revealed from my history class notes: Iraq=Mesopotamia, Iran=Persia)
--Go to Caleb's closet, where I inherit multiple hand-me-down shirts, including an argyle cardigan I am currently wearing and can't seem to take off, so comfortable
--Go to Dairy Queen to buy dinner for Caleb's mom
--Drop off dinner for Caleb's mom
--Drive to grocery store, buy stuff
--Go to Starbucks (yes, our place of employment), get a glass of water, look at merchandise we've already seen, discuss, go out to parking lot discussing how lame we are, getting water at our place of employment when we're not even scheduled to work
--Get home, watch youtube video
--Watch another youtube video
--Watch another youtube video
--Watch another youtube video
--Watch another youtube video
--Watch another youtube video
--Watch another youtube video
--Watch another youtube video
--Watch another youtube video
--Watch another youtube video
--Watch another youtube video
...
--And...3 hours later, no homework done, stomachs in pain from laughing at so much Ellen, as well as one particularly crazy clip involving a man in a porkchop costume
--Upon my departure, I try to steal one of Caleb's scarves (not included in the up-for-grabs pile in his closet); do not get away with the theft

And now here I am, maybe not more informed on the Middle East or ready to pass my geography quiz, but wearing a deliciously soft cardigan, eating Oreos, and waiting for my cat to come tuck me in. Ah well, I'll study tomorrow. I've worked really hard this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment