Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bossypants says read this book!!!

I finished it.

Just prior to 3 a.m., I believe.

A book that made it to my top ten list.

That's a big deal, people.

Mark Obmascik, thank you so so so much for such a great read: The Big Year.

It had been a long while since I'd just lapped up a book. I've been exposed to a lot of acclaimed writing in the past year, but I picked this up from a public library display and was more blown away by it than any of the Esquire clips I've been shown here at school.

This book is soooo good. I'm not sure that I'm going to get any of you to read it yourselves--even though you should--but I'm not going to tell you how the book ends. Because I was wondering up until the final chapter.

I just talked to Riley on the phone and he made a sarcastic response to my plug for a book about birdwatching: "Sounds great..."

But I'm telling you, Riley Francis, and the rest of you out there: Give this book a chance! You might get hooked!

Oh, and the movie release date is October 14. Later than the July 4 I was hoping for, but worth the wait I say. But guys, don't rely on the movie.

READ. THE. BOOK.

Do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment