Monday, June 13, 2011

Nerd in your presence

I wasn't looking forward to this class.

I was grateful for the grace which was shown in allowing me to alter my schedule, to get some credits out of the way and swap a class in order to do so. But I was really just trying to check a box. But now, the truth is:

My name is Bailey, and I'm a nerd and I like copy editing.

I really do!

There's something about trimming down an AP story to make it fit on the newspaper page--such power! It's like, "See ya, unnecessary sentence! Bam!"

And headline writing? Can be obnoxious, but when one of yours goes to print--pretty nice sense of accomplishment. And it's kind of like an undercover byline...nowhere does it say, "By Bailey Daily," but I know that I crafted that there headline.

Hollerrrr.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to work on my editing scrapbook to present to my professor tomorrow--I'm not a kiss up, it's an assignment, you guys...calm down. The only scrapbooks I make voluntarily are those about my (mostly) non-academic memories and, of course, cows. :)

Yours nerdily*,
Bailey

*Whoa, trademark! I just made that up, and I want credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment