Thursday, June 9, 2011

In through the nose, out with the worry

Bailey Kathleen,

STOP. The spending.

A skirt, shorts, and two tops are not going to make the summer go any faster, make your anxiety level lower, or change who you are.

God made you you. You are anxious. You are sometimes not as anxious.

Yes, you pray the anxiety will flee you when you hit your thirties, or have kids/get married, whichever comes first. But you don't know if that will happen even then.

You worry, that's what you do. Should you trust God and try to worry less? Yes. But can you help it if you continue to worry anyway, even though God is always there? Well, maybe. But God made you, you didn't make yourself, and if He decided to wire you to worry (although I'm not sure He does that...Matthew 6:25-34), well that's really up to Him.

But you can stop the spending.

Take deep breaths. Call your friends (turn on those ringers, guys, you might be hearing from me soon). Read. Run. SLEEP. EAT. Pet Dibby Darling.

Pray.

Breathe.

Pray.

Love you guys, I could use your prayers. Let me know if you need some of mine. Now I shall post this and move forward in my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment