Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Precious man

All Creatures Great and SmallAll Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mr. Herriot is a delight. He's so articulate, and humble to just the right amount so that you're not annoyed by him. I laughed out loud more than once while reading. I immediately recognized his talents as a writer but thought I wouldn't want to read beyond the first book of the series because the books are pretty lengthy. After finishing this book, however, I think I will, in time, read the remaining four.

I would have been honored to accompany Dr. Herriot to a farm in the middle of a wintry night, soap my hands in a bucket of steaming water*, and assist him in treating an animal in need.

*an image forever in my mind thanks to this gift of a book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment