Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Confusion, yay!

Friends,

I think you all should know that I get you mixed up.

I know who you all are (well, except for those I don't), but you have to know that I moved a lot growing up, and I'm a chatterbox, so I'm always meeting new people, and now that I've had 28 years to accumulate a social sphere, and I'm 28 so I'm not as sharp as I used to be, ...

...Well, sometimes I get my wires crossed. I seem to be doing this more lately.

I was just perusing "People I might know" on LinkedIn, and saw someone and thought of someone else I know and thought some vague thought about them knowing each other.

Highly doubtful that they know each other, because while I can't remember even 5 minutes later which two individuals I was thinking about when I had this vague thought, I realized quickly at the time that one of them went to, say, college with me and the other went to high school or some other non-college place with me.

Thus, probably don't know each other.

I feel like I do this a lot. I have to remind myself that while a lot of my friends do know a lot of my other friends, a lot of them don't know each other.

So, I guess this is a fair warning: if I say something strange to you about "our" pal from college, or from after school care at the YMCA when "we" were in elementary school, or some other place that you have not traveled to with me by your side, just know that it's not you. It's me and my overextended, oversocialized brain.

Over and out,
Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment