Friday, May 24, 2013

Lotion woes

I don't know if any of you have come across this, but apparently the following is too much to ask for, in one bottle of lotion. I cannot seem to find a bottle of lotion that:

1. Is for one's face (i.e., not as thick as body lotion)
2. Has no sunscreen
3. Costs less than $10
4. Does NOT smell like baby wipes!!

Seriously, what is the deal? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I made a new year's resolution to wear sunscreen every day, which I do several days, so I'm counting that as a lot better on my part than only wearing it on beach days.

But at night, after I wash my face or shower, I want just a little something to add moisture to my face, sans sunscreen. Yes, I hang out by my reading lamp every night somewhere between the hours of 11 and 2, but I don't think it's so bright that SPF is necessary.

I have used several face lotions over the years, but recently when I went to two separate drugstores I discovered that finding a face lotion is a lot harder than it used to be.

Bottles of 2 - 4 ounces, without sunscreen, are around $15 on average.

A lot of them have anti-wrinkle "capabilities," which I am calling crock and thus not purchasing. Plus I turned 28 yesterday. Even if I am an avid cross stitcher, I'm not exactly shopping for Metamucil these days.

I finally bought some Olay stuff this week for $9.49 before tax. I haven't used it and I am quite certain I will be taking it back. Because, just like all the other non-sunscreen, non-anti-wrinkle, less than $15 but not more than 4-ounce bottles of lotion, it smells like baby wipes.

If I were putting this lotion on my feet, a baby wipe scent might be OK. But this is my face, friends. I would not rub a baby wipe on my face for aromatic reasons, so WHY would I put baby wipe scented lotion on my face?

I've experienced a similar issue with deodorants and their scents. For whatever reason the scent that you place on your underarms has a direct wafting path to your nose. I'm a relatively spontaneous person, but I keep my deodorants within a specific scent spectrum, because if a deodorant has a gaggy smell it is going to be hard for this chick to get through a day's work.

I'm sure you all care.

Can we please put a stop to the baby wipe facial lotion madness? They've figured this out with all the allergy and cold medications out there. You can get NyQuil, to treat every last symptom you have, or you can simply get Benadryl for your sneezies, or Sudafed for your "head is going to burst" feeling. But you don't have to pay for all the drugs to treat one symptom. You can pick and choose.

I don't want to pay for sunscreen for use past sunset. I don't want to pay $5 per ounce.

And I don't want to smell like baby wipes.

All right, back to your lives, if you were kind enough to read to the bottom of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment