Saturday, March 26, 2016

Freelance Jail

'Twas the morning before Easter and all through the apartment,
Not a creature was stirring, except Office Max
(who was chewing on cellophane surrounding a bouquet)

I love and hate this moment.

I love that my brother and sister-in-law are asleep in the next room.

I love that Max keeps pacing alongside the keyboard, demanding more nudges.

I hate that I have to work on a freelance piece instead of being allowed to go in and jump on their bed, singing obnoxious "Good Morning" songs.

I love the quiet, and that I'm the only one up, with Max and the full coffee pot.

But I want them to wake up and be with me.

Spending Easter with family is priceless. I got teary driving to the airport last night, because I just realized I need a dose of my family. And what a perfect time for it as we celebrate our risen Savior.

And oh do I need a Savior. My heart is crabby and craggly and gross these days. I need love. I need to be shown how to love.

For now, I will meditate on that, as I review my story, sip my coffee, snuggle the cat, and wait for my family to rise and get this party started.

Blessed Easter,
Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment