Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Creepy...

I may have found some fuel to keep me on facebook. Or deterrent. This is a little creepy, that which I am about to share with you.

When I was a sophomore in college (keep in mind I went to a small one), about two weeks into the school year some of my friends starting asking me, "Do you have a sister or a cousin who goes here?" Apparently, there was a girl who had just come in as a freshman who looked a lot like me, especially from a distance or at a glance. My favorite story from one of my friends was when Lisa told me she went so far as to accidentally sit down with someone (I assume this girl) in the dining hall, then, embarrassed, got up when she realized it wasn't me at the table. I eventually met this girl my senior year and we discussed our sorta-kinda-look-alike stance. Neither one of us really saw it. But we became facebook friends (by the way, I'm not capitalizing "facebook" because the logo involves a lowercase "f"), because that's what you do when you have a conversation that lasts longer than 30 seconds.

Today I got on the book o' face--to become a fan of something, and look at how distracted I became...never got around to becoming a fan of said thing--and on my news feed were some pictures of this girl who kind of looks like me, with whom I am facebook friends, and who I haven't talked to since...yes, my senior year.

And there were three (two in particular) pictures of this girl that look just like me. Check these out (presented in order from least like me to most like me, for dramatic effect and excitement):

#1:



#2...


And the grand finale:


Right???! Uncanny! And you thought I looked exactly like my bro!

I just showed these to my mom, told her it wasn't me, and she said, "Yeah it is." As in, honestly thought I was pulling her leg.

5 comments:

  1. I thought it was you too and kind of still do so...stop lying to everyone about having a twin and just admit that is you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen you since Seminary, so I have no idea what you look like now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure there were many days during college when I would see you and say "I saw not you today."

    ReplyDelete
  4. i looked at these and went, "that's not bailey". the benefit being that when one knows both bailey and mallory, you can tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm told I have a doppleganger going there now. He plays trumpet in the pep band. I played trumpet in the pep band back in the day...
    weird.

    ReplyDelete