Monday, August 9, 2010

Big Bad Grad (that's me!)

Hellooooooooo!

I know, I know, I know. So many days since my last post. Slacker! Except, not really, friends. Because in the past week I have been, let's see...

-moving
-unpacking
-reading for class
-traveling
-witnessing my brother's wedding (hey, witnesses are needed to make them legit--Congrats, Kelly and Jenny! <3)
-traveling again

And today...

Going to day one of class! Yay! I survived! Can I have my diploma yet? No, not yet? Okay, fine, I guess I'll go back tomorrow.

Overall, feeling good about day one. Missing my cat, the fam, friends from home. I am going to count tonight's reading assignment as a blessing, as it will be a distraction from the homesickness.

Other items of note:

Wonder of wonders, there is another person in my program from my tiny undergrad institution! Say what?! He and I had an excited little meeting during our first break today. Would tomorrow be too early to offer him half of a "Best Friends" necklace?

Two very handsome, tall gentlemen drove me home last night, and were oh so sweet enough to drive the whole way and let me sleep the whole time (thanks are also due to Tylenol PM).

Next week I will be reporting, yikes! Nervous, but excited. Talked to Michael tonight, I would say at this point he is even more excited for me than I am, but don't worry I am getting there.

Riley just taught me via (cough, cell, cough) phone how to add favorites to my Google Chrome task bar. Thanks, Bro.

Are you guys bored yet? Hey, I am a busy graduate student, don't be so demanding of my time and talents for creative, entertaining blog posts! They might suck for a while, you're just gonna have to deal. The good news is, eventually lack of sleep will set in and these posts will ideally become hilarious. Or maybe just funny to me. And then you'll have to continue to deal.

On that note, if you'll be so kind as to excuse me, I'm going to do some yoga, eating, and reading for the evening.

Big fat smooches!

Love,
(Big bad grad student) Bails

2 comments:

  1. hey!!! i get to be the first big bad grad commenter person! :) we miss ya, please take care and hurry back already with that diploma, sister. 2 years? really? don't they have a microwave version? i know i know those things dont ever taste as good.

    ReplyDelete