Sunday, August 15, 2010

Regifting of the hand-me-downs

I just tried to make this my facebook profile status and was told I had too many characters to post. So the phone conversation I just had with Patrick will now make its appearance here on the DB:

Patrick: Bailey, I have some CD's I don't want, do you want them?
Bailey: Sure.
P: [lists off CD's]
B: Oh, I don't want Ace of Base [quick overview discussion of how I do enjoy Ace of Base, but they got so overplayed in the late 90s that I need a solid five year break from them before I can appreciate them again].
P: Do you have any friends at school who would want it?
B: Sure, I could take it to class and get rid of it in about 5 seconds [because even though I'm not a current fan, the A of B CD is a hot commodity].
P: I'm not sure you want to be that girl who brings Ace of Base to class.
B: I already am that girl.
P: I know. You're a lovely person, but you've gotta ease people in.
B: I've been here a week, are you kidding me? I've already crossed the line.

C'mon, Patrick. Anyone who knows anything knows that there is no stopping this awkward train.

So. That said. Anyone want an Ace of Base CD?

1 comment:

  1. I want an Ace of Base CD. I want it delivered to me at Starbucks. I also would like a bow on it.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete