Monday, August 16, 2010

Blargen

"Meeting adjourned." I could have kissed the mayor when he said those words at 11pm tonight.

(I just broke two major reporting rules there, by the way; starting my post with a quote and saying both "pm" and "tonight")

After sitting through the five hour city council meeting, I walked out to my car and there was what appears to be ice cream flung all over my windshield, car doors, back window, and roof. There was also the plastic cup that SHOULD STILL BE HOLDING THE ICE CREAM!! on the hood of my car, a plastic spoon resting on my wipers, and a piece of already-sucked-on candy stuck to the hood.

Happy camper? Absolutely not.

But thank you, Mayor, for finally setting us free. And thank you, Michael, for still being awake at midnight to call me in my distress.

Oh, did I mention that I got a parking ticket today too?

Cue Annie: "bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow..."

No comments:

Post a Comment