Wednesday, October 6, 2010

(cheer) Leader

I went for a run tonight, even though I have been overly sleep deprived all week, and for whatever reason I am still awake now, which I should probably not be...just making the problem worse...

Anyway. I spent the day being angry/grumpy/depressed/anxious, so in a kind of protest I decided to produce endorphins* and defy the gravity of negative emotions.

I was running one direction and a man coming from the other direction, also running, passed a third runner in front of me and myself. To each of us he said as he passed, "Good job."

What. a wonderful thing to do.

I put my hand to my heart and said "precious" quietly to myself.

After reaching my designated mile-marker, I turned around to head back to my car, and somewhere along the line he had turned around as well, to backtrack in the opposite direction.

And he said "good job" again as we passed each other a second time.

And the award for best co-trailer goes to...

Free, unsolicited encouragement. What an example to follow. I am inspired. And impressed, and touched. Way to go, sir.

To you I say, via blog, good job.

*That word totally looks like "dolphins." I subconsciously realize that every time I encounter it. Maybe we should refer to happy dolphins--which, those in the wild are, but ones in The Cove are not--as "endolphins."

No comments:

Post a Comment