Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Social Network: Auto shut off

There should be certain inhibitors in place to keep me from doing specific things.

On facebook, I should only be allowed to look at vacation photos of people I actually know.

I should only be allowed to be on facebook for 30 minutes at a time, 60 minutes a day, total.

I should not be allowed to discuss any issues involving more than one side when I have reached the end of a full day. In other words, any topic other than "Dibbs is the cutest cat evvvver" should be completely off the table. This equation should be further tweaked when I am lacking sleep, and tweaked even more when I am lacking sleep from the night before and up too late for the current night.

I shouldn't be allowed to argue the other side of the previous paragraph when I am exhausted, the notorious free will argument, i.e. the "I can do whatever I want" argument.

And I probably shouldn't be allowed to blog this late either.

Most of these standards for my life that I have mentioned involve the variable of sleep deprivation. But those facebook rules? Those should always. Always. apply.

Seriously.* I want Mark Zuckerburg to get on this. You've made the movie, you've given N.J. money (actually, you've given them stock shares--see?! I can't be blogging! I'm too technical and argumentative at this hour!), now get to setting blinders for the social network.

*No. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment