Thursday, December 18, 2014

Cats, Colds

If this stupid cold doesn't go away....

I'll probably just go to the doctor.

Or whine.

I'm good at whining.

Speaking of illness and medication (smooth segue), I recently had to give the cat some drugs, and:

a) He was sometimes a total champ about it, so much so that if the pill fell out of his mouth he would find it on the surface nearby him, where it had fallen, and lap it back up and swallow it down.

b) I discovered that, when I wrapped him up in a blanket or cardigan or something, I could hold him like a baby, and sometimes he purred. If you're a cat person, you know this is a big fat win in life, to be able to hold a cat like a baby and have it purr. I am currently, obviously, trying to cultivate this action in him to become a habit. Because if I can have a purring fur baby in my arms every night, yes please.

What else can I tell you, as I sit here and feel swimmy and mope about my cold that just won't leave?

I am leaving Christmas day for "home," to see family and friends and more family and friends. It's going to be a whirlwind trip, and I better not forget to pack my long underwear.

I shall miss the kitten boy, but he will be in good loving hands, and I am going to my parents' place, which doubles as a Castle of Cats. I'll see the precious/famous Dibbs Master, as well as Yogi and BooBoo. There will be much smushing of fuzzy faces and baby talk and feeding of begging mouths. I actually fricking love it -- I mean obviously, but really -- when I'm in such a ratio of cats:room environment, because I basically put one cat down from a cuddle, pass into the next room and scoop up the next one, and so on and so forth.

It takes me a good minute (hour) to leave the house for coffee dates and whatnot whenever I'm visiting the 'rents.

I must bid all cats a proper adieu!!!

And I must bid you adieu, before this blog post gets any whinier or more cat-obsessed.

Cat love,
Cat Freak

No comments:

Post a Comment