Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Five O

Friends. Today is the day. This is the 50th post on The Daily Bailey! Thank you so much for reading! Someday when we are at post 8,000 you can say "I was a follower way back at post #50." To celebrate (and perhaps bore you a little bit), I am offering 50 random thoughts/things about me. Ciao until tomorrow!

1 I never get sick of the “Little Women” soundtrack.
2 Lynn’s daughter Claire gave me a kiss on the cheek today (and then ran away). She had been drinking apple juice so it was sticky. I had never realized how much she looks like Lynn until she got right up in my face to give me a kiss.
3 In fourth grade I put peanut butter on my armpits (and then ate it) in front of the whole school.
4 I look almost exactly like my brother Riley.
5 I have considered joining the ministry.
6 I secretly want to be on America’s Next Top Model.
7 I only like peanut butter about 2% of the time, and can only eat about a tablespoonful before I have to stop.
8 Green is my favorite color.
9 In middle school I wanted to be a dairy farmer in Canada.
10 I hate toffee nut flavoring.
11 I love lima beans, beets, and black jelly beans.
12 When I tell people I have three brothers, most of them immediately ask if I am the youngest (I am not).
13 I am terrified of peacocks and belly dancers, both for their sexual forwardness.
14 My favorite book ever is Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott.
15 I hate to carry things or have things in my pockets.
16 I have never been stung by a bee.
17 I am extremely lazy. Truly. I sort of embrace it, but I’m also ashamed of it. Ironically I can be a very hard, tireless worker.
18 I lose my appetite when I'm scared, but gain one when I am bored.
19 I wish I could get lost dancing in a crowd of people every day.
20 I love to dance with my dad.
21 I hate the word “hubby."
22 I love the words “chevron,” “pedigree,” and “beleagured.”
23 I'm a definite advocate of seatbelts, sunscreen, and helmets.
24 I met Bob Dole in the second grade.
25 I love football. I dislike frisbee.
26 A kiss on the cheek (from anyone) makes me feel precious.
27 I am both a laidback free spirit as well as a contemplative crazy person.
28 I'm addicted to communication, but need my alone time every day.
29 I like when people are singing and the guitar stops playing and the voices continue a capella.
30 I find it fascinating that our toes naturally tap when we listen to music.
31 I think cows are beautiful animals.
32 I hate when I'm cold and have to pee at the same time.
33 I check people’s hands for wedding rings within the first 10 seconds of meeting them (both male and female).
34 I went almost 8 years without throwing up, threw up on Dec 19 2005, and haven’t thrown up since.
35 Beer is my preferred alcoholic beverage.
36 I feel off-balance if I don’t get a chance to read every day.
37 I have been on a rip-cord, jumped off a cliff (into water!), and ridden every roller coaster I have come across, but have not bungee jumped or gone sky diving.
38 My grandmother graduated from college at the age of 80.
39 I do not like to go to the doctor, but do not mind getting shots or getting my teeth cleaned.
40 I hope that the man I marry loves to cook.
41 I love children’s books. I also have a lot in common with the character Kristy Thomas in The Baby Sitters' Club series.
42 Rainy weather is my favorite kind.
43 I hope to live near water within five years.
44 In 2008 I threw away almost all of my jewelry and nail polish, then decided a few months later that I wanted them back.
45 I have worn makeup probably no more than 20 days of my entire life.
46 The song “Pomp and Circumstance” makes me cry. I hate attending graduations, but love to be the graduate.
47 I don’t know that I ever crave apples, but I eat them because I know they are good for me and I am not very creative with my produce selection.
48 When I was in preschool, my dad and I would recite our address and phone number, spell “SEARS,” and sing “There are Many Ways to say I love you” from Mister Rogers in the car.
49 The past few weeks I have changed bedrooms three times to accommodate for my guests, and Dibbs has found me each night to sleep with me.
50 I can’t believe I finished college almost three years ago.

4 comments:

  1. 3 - gross
    4 - so true
    7 - silly girl, pb is the best
    11 - gross again
    13 - haha
    15 - agreed, but I will put things in pockets to prevent me carrying a purse
    19 - :)
    28 - you and me both
    31 - love cows lots
    38 - that is amazing
    40 - me too
    41 - hey bsc sister
    29 - love it so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think #3 is the reason for #7. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all y'all are hilarious. carolyn, i have never thought of your theory before, which is a little crazy that i haven't. the relationship with PB is a long long story, however. perhaps it shall be a future blog post. i have not always hated PB. my dad hates it even more than i do--we get in trouble if we put a knife in the sink with PB on it, because he doesn't want to smell or touch it.

    also, the "just sayin'" comment? i have been saying this a lot lately:
    "i mean i'm not sayin', i'm just sayin', ya know what i'm sayin'?"

    [looks like something at your nanny's garage sale, i'm just sayin']

    ReplyDelete