Thursday, November 26, 2009

How to Celebrate Properly

The Dailee family is doing fake Thanksgiving today, followed by real Thanksgiving tomorrow. Tomorrow my brother Kelly, his GF Jenny, and our G'ma will get here, and today I had to work, so today we are eating my dad's specialty dish, Spaghetti Special (a combination of canned spaghetti, ketchup, ground beef, green peppers and onions--delish), and relaxing.

Oh wait, no we're not. We're cleaning the house. We're getting it ready for our familial guests who are arriving tomorrow.

I got home from work today and Dad was running around like a cleaning maniac, and Mom was cooking. I mentioned that I was going to take a shower because, let's review, oh yes that's right. I worked today, and hadn't showered since last night. Dad got grumpy because (just like me, actually), when he's on a roll he doesn't want anyone interrupting that agenda. Mom calmed him down and told him that I had permission to bathe, and I walked out of the room with a smirk on my face. Oh, Dad.

I got out of the shower, dried the hair, all dressed up with no place to go, and headed to the kitchen to dish up after my long day of work with only cookies and a small sandwich to eat on breaks. I met Riley and Dad in the kitchen and Dad asked us to sweep and vacuum after lunch, amongst other jobs that I don't remember because, let's be honest, I stopped listening. Such a good daughter I am! Dad left the room, and I assumed he went downstairs to continue whatever cleaning project he had on the brain. Mom had disappeared recently too, and had just hung up the phone with her mom, so I asked Riley, "Did Mom just go to pick up Grandma?"

"No," Riley informed me. "Mom just went to the neighbors' to drink wine. Dad just followed."

Could someone please explain to me what just happened in my house?

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha! what an excellent unexpected twist to the story!

    ReplyDelete