Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wine 101

Well apparently I should apply for a job at a vineyard.

I just picked up Riley today (yay!! Baby brother for a week!!), and we have already devoured delicious KC barbeque, watched Spice World (we were previously Spice World virgins and our lives have been changed for sure--post soon to follow), and enjoyed some wine. Unintentionally.

Riley just came upstairs and asked, "How long has the grape juice been in the fridge?"

"Why, does it smell bad?"
"How long has it been in the fridge?"
"Why?"
"I'll tell you once you tell me how long it's been in there."
"...about a month..."
"I think it's fermented."

Took some sips, pretty good! Tastes like sparkling grape juice. I said, "Riley, we should mix grape juice with Sprite and have pseudo sparkling juice for cheap!" Riley countered with an even better idea: "We should just make grape juice and leave it in the fridge for a month!!"

So I'm not sure if I should be considered a sophisticated adult in this situation, capable of fermenting grapes, or an irresponsible one, providing alcohol to a minor.

No comments:

Post a Comment