Saturday, December 25, 2010

Potty Trained

My first present of the day was on the toilet.

ON the toilet, not IN the toilet!

You guys are so gross, thinking things like that.

Anyway, there was a little green package atop the lid of the toilet seat marked "open me first." It was Starbucks VIA coffee.

Now, in addition to showing my appreciation to Santa Claus, I point this out to you because this is not the first time something has been placed on a toilet seat in order to get my immediate attention.

This spring, one of my grad school acceptance letters came in the mail, and Riley placed it in the same location that Saint Nick visited this morning. When I laughed about it, he said, "Well I knew you'd see it there!"

Now this tells us two things:
  1. My family understands that I pee a lot, and that consequentially, within no more than about three hours time I will return to a certain room in the house.*
  2. And, they know it's the first thing I do in the morning. Thus, the "open me first" command was bound to be obeyed because Mom--I mean Santa--knew where I'd go first.
Thanks, fam, for being in tune with my idiosyncrasies. ;)

*Come to think of it, if they were ever to have an intervention on my behalf, it would probably serve them well to gather in the bathroom. Perhaps an intervention concerning my overactive bladder, and a need to pursue prescription drugs to treat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment