Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sigh. Chai.

Guys.

Friends.

Pals.

Readers.

All I want to do is read.

And nap.

I keep looking at the row of books on my shelf and thinking, "I want to read that one, and that one, and that one."

And then I want to pop a magic caffeine pill and read them one by one until they're all done! And then, before I finally slip into magical slumber, I want to go to the magical candy store (read: the library) and check out a bunch more books.

Sigh.

Alas.

The last two nights I've made it through about 3 - 10 pages, depending, before deciding sleep must happen.

This is pathetic.

Once upon a time before I started dating a darling cutie pie who also loves to read, I read all the time.

Now I guess I have a life?
I mean, beyond the reading life. Because that, my friends, is a life. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise (though if you want to have relationships with humans -- beyond the friendly library staff, of course -- you must, I'm afraid, get off your tush every once in a while and go mingle).

Amazing how intoxicating words can be. Particularly because written language is an invention. It isn't natural. Communication, sure. Words, of course. But writing and reading? Made up.

It also amazes me how instrumental musicians can be so talented at using a device that was invented. Does this baffle any of you?

Ah, but yes. All I want to do is read.

And run. And bask in the sunlight.

And nap.

I'm reading Sara Gruen's "Riding Lessons," and Ann Patchett's "This is the Story of a Happy Marriage."

I have Donald Miller's "Scary Close" cracked.

Same with Jonathan Tropper's "This is Where I Leave You."

Addicted.

I have problems.

Or no problem, depending on how you look at it.

As I see it, my problem is not having enough time to read!!

I'm drinking some tasty chai right now. It's the powdered mix from Trader Joe's. I have mixed -- mostly negative -- feelings toward TJ's, but it is growing on me and I quite enjoy their chai.

I am working on another freelance assignment; super grateful for the work. Me love to write.

Did my first interview for it this afternoon, and my source was an absolute delight. Southern accent and everything.

LA -- probably like your city -- shows outdoor movies in the summer, and I got an email about the nights that they're giving away flights to London and Australia. You best believe I marked my calendar.

I've got the travel bug! Hawaii, take me back!!!! Take me back into your sunsetting, snorkeling, whale breaching arms!

Sigh. Chai. Books. Naps. Hawaii.

These are the things on my mind.

What's on yours?

Loves,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment