Monday, July 27, 2009

22 Across: Whoops

A couple of years ago I was a receptionist for a car rental company. One afternoon I went into the mail room with the day's paper to make a copy of the crossword puzzle. As I was walking back down the hall to my desk, these two guys who worked at our Car Sales office gave me this look.

"You didn't!" they scoffed.

I responded, clueless, "What?"

Then they started to accuse me of taking the newspaper to the bathroom with me. One of the guys picked the paper up off of the coffee table where I had set it back down, folded it under his arm, and did a little impression of me, with a guilty face. I tried to protest, but was giggling too hysterically to do so effectively.

Note to self: be conscious of where you walk with a newspaper tucked under your arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment