Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bridesmaid Bailey Ross

Yesterday I was honored to be in my dear friend Anastasia's wedding. Stace and I were roomies in college. She found herself a precious little cutie pie, Rick (who she spotted with her little crush-laser eye in the sixth grade--yeah, she knew what she wanted at an early age), and I am truly so happy for both of them. Congrats, you two! All the best, always!

Well they were married on the 4th of July. Yesterday while taking pictures it was discovered that the hook and eyes on my detachable dress straps were showing in the pictures. So I removed my dress for some last minute alterations. Dianne, the PRECIOUS wedding coordinator who I wanted to take home with me, got me started on sewing the straps in place, and then headed off to assist the groomsmen.

So here I was, sitting in my jeans, nylons, and t-shirt, sewing away, when Stace walked into the girls dressing area. Her face was priceless. "Going somewhere?" she asked.

Also, because I was sewing a blue and white dress on the Fourth, at some point someone walked in and asked, "How's the sewin' comin', Betsy Ross?"

No comments:

Post a Comment