Friday, July 17, 2009

Earth to Bailey

A year ago I was working a desk job. I always had piles of paper on my desk that I could never catch up on.

One day in particular I was heaved over my desk, shoulders hunched, mouth agape, staring lifelessly at the piles. I'm almost positive it was morning, it was likely I was not yet caffeinated for the day, and I may have just come back from a vacation. Needless to say I was not motivated nor excited.

So I sent Nick an email, and this was his response:

"If you need a small cheer to get started on your piles on your desk, you should ask a co-worker. See if you can get anyone to get up and give you a cheer."

This gave me a good enough laugh to at least get moving. And I wouldn't be surprised if the first thing I did was make a pot of coffee instead of diving straight into the piles. Which, come to think of it, was good practice for my current job.

No comments:

Post a Comment