Monday, July 20, 2009

Why I Talk to Strangers

As some of you may (and probably should, just sayin') remember, two years ago the KU football team had an absolute glory year. It was amazing. I was a graduate student at the time and was able to go to quite a few of the games for a decent price, so I most definitely took advantage.

After our ninth straight win, I was out with my friends Jared and Dane, Jared's mom, and some of her friends, eating Mexican food. This middle aged man at the table behind us tapped me on the shoulder and said,

"9-0. We're in the F*ing land of Oz."

I refrained from cracking up, and turned back to my friends at my table. Angie asked me, "Do you know that guy?"

"No," I said, "but I gave him a high five. I make friends pretty easily."

No comments:

Post a Comment