Friday, July 31, 2009

Anatomy

So I was thinking today (usually a good thing, but not always) as I was running, and by "running" I mean running/jogging/walking...not my most athletic of days, which put me in a bit of a 'tude. In fact, my saving grace was a deer who walked right in front of me across the trail and into the woods, and then a potential further saving grace missed his opportunity. This couple was walking along the trail and as they passed me I said, "there's a deer right in those trees," and let's just say the man's response was less than enthusiastic. This furthered my negative 'tude.

But anyway. My point.

So I was thinking today as I was, let's just paraphrase it as "exercising," about the term "trail head." Okay, if you look at a map of a trail with multiple trail heads, well these so-called "heads" are little spindly lines that veer off of the main trail at multiple locations. So doesn't that make the trail appear a little more like a salamander or a millipede, rather than some freakish snake with ten heads?

So in that case, shouldn't we be calling them trail legs??

No comments:

Post a Comment